Sunday, July 18, 2010

I know, another yard sale.... but we have so far to go!

I know, I know, we are going to give it another round now.... I have been talking about yard sales for months and didn't we just have one? Our sale of July 4th was immensely successful. But, we still have a LOT of really nice items as well. So, if anyone continues to have items you would like to get rid of, we will have a sale on Friday July 23rd in Galesburg. We are finalizing our items for our dossier. Our social worker should be mailing our FINALIZED home study tomorrow. Although we have already received one denial for a grant, I am hopeful that the other two grants we are applying for will possibly see fit to offer us some money. Either way, we are committed to completing our adoption. Chad and I enjoyed the beautiful day today by completing yard work. There is something to be said about completing something which takes manual labor; I think it is seeing your hard work come to fruition. We shoveled gravel into our driveway to help even it out. It was hard work! However, after we were done, it looked so much better. The best part was not having to drive around the "potholes" when we pull into our driveway. We then attacked the fence and tested out our new paint sprayer. I hope to complete painting in the next two weeks. Keeping busy helps us not think so much about how difficult it is to wait for things to move along with the adoption. And of course, the girls help with that too! My next post may provide further details regarding when we will travel to Russia! Thanks again to everyone for your support!

No comments:

Post a Comment