Friday, October 29, 2010

Adoption pregnancy

This week I have been thinking about our upcoming events with our adoption. In many ways, the emotions I have been experiencing are very similar to my feelings during the last few weeks of pregnancy with the girls. For those women whom have been pregnant maybe you can relate. I'm just ready to be done with the process, but anxious about returning home from Russia with the boys. The whole thought process can be quite overwhelming if I think about it too much! The differences would be that with the girls I was able to slowly learn about their little personalities, and to meet their needs was fairly easy. You know, change their diaper, feed them, rock them. When we come home with our little guys they will already have their personalities formed. Their wants and needs will be so much more beyond eat, sleep, and use the bathroom! I am confident between Chad and myself we will parent the boys and be successful as we have been with Sam and Callie. I am also sure that there will be times we struggle as parenting is a wondrous and challenging task. As I longingly look at items for the boys while shopping, I am reminded to slow down and appreciate our family RIGHT NOW and take a deep breath as we prepare to make some big changes.

No comments:

Post a Comment