Monday, February 1, 2010

February 2010

This month is a BIG month for us! We are holding our Gipson Family Adoption Fundraiser Kickoff on February 21st. Join us for a taco dinner at the Cameron fire station from 4 to 7! I am preparing to send our initial payment with application soon, which will allow our agency to notify the orphanage we are officially seeking to adopt the boys. This is a very important step, as it will keep the boys together in the baby house until we can complete the adoption and travel to Russia to get them. Besides the fundraiser this month, both the boys are celebrating their birthdays. I wish we were able to celebrate with them, but it is refreshing to think that this year will hopefully be the last they celebrate in the orphanage. Chad and I will celebrate our one year wedding anniversary this month as well as my birthday. I am asking my family to forego buying gifts for my birthday but rather contribute to our adoption fund. Samantha has begun her basketball season. She plays every Saturday morning at the school. Callie continues to attend preschool in Monmouth. She can't wait to ride the big school bus next year with Sam. We continue to collect cans and take them to the recycling center. We hope to take in some scrap metal this month that Dad had lying around. We hope to see you at the Taco Dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment