Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Siberian winter weather

Wow! Today's weather reminded me of the weather we may face if we go to Russia during the winter. I hope everyone was safe today. We have determined our Gipson Family Adoption Kick-off to be a TACO DINNER. It will be held on Sunday, February 21st from 4 to 7pm at the Cameron Fire Station. We ask everyone for a free will donation for an all you can eat taco bar. In conjunction we will hold a 50/50 raffle and will be selling raffle tickets until the dinner. Don't worry, if you are unable to make it to the dinner you need not be present to win the raffle. I hope we see everyone there at our Kick-off! People may bring their aluminum cans to the dinner as well. On Monday Chad and I took seven bags of crushed cans to the recycling center in Peoria. We recycled 74 pounds of cans! Thanks again to everyone who donated their cans. Every night when I lay my head on my pillow I think of the boys and wonder if someone kissed them goodnight. It makes me sad to think about them sleeping in a large room with many other children. On the other hand these thoughts keep me striving to bring our little guys home. Stay tuned, I will post more information as it becomes available. Please call or email if you have any questions about the upcoming dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment