Thursday, January 14, 2010

February Fundraiser

We have to cancel our Bowling fundraiser due to the fire at Northgate Bowling alley in Galesburg. I apologize, as some of you have probably already received your flyer. We are currently planning a TACO DINNER to be held at the Cameron fire station for later in February instead. I am hopeful everyone will be able to attend and bring their appetite. Tonight Callie and I crushed cans for almost an hour. Please continue saving them for us and pass it on to others. Today I was talking to a friend at her office and a coworker overheard us discussing my plans to pick up her cans this weekend. The coworker actually had a garbage bag of cans in her car she had planned to take to the recycling center that same day. She happily donated the cans to us instead! As far as an update on the adoption, we have received new pictures of both boys. The agency has presented us with the contract and so I am busy filling out more paperwork. I have a friend that referred to the endless forms as a "paperwork pregnancy". I am beginning to understand why! Samantha has her first basketball game this Saturday. Today was my first day at WIU; I felt more like a student than professor. It is hard to speak to my former professors as a colleague and not a student. I am sure I will get used to things soon. Thanks again to everyone for the wonderful support in our endeavor!

No comments:

Post a Comment