Friday, June 17, 2011

Upcoming events

Today is the calm before the storm and a VERY big weekend in the Lydic family. My little sister is getting married tomorrow. All of us with the exception of Chad are in the wedding. I am the matron of honor, and today when I was supposed to be listening to a presentation at work I was writing my toast for the reception. I think it may a bit long in comparison to most toasts but I am going to milk it for all its worth as it will be one of the few times in my life that I can say how awesome my sister is and how much I love her. The boys are not going to know what hit them. Callie is looking forward to her moment in the limelight with her beautiful princess dress. This morning on the way to work Sam and I were in the car alone. She shared she was anxious that the wedding would not turn out to be perfect. I thought that maybe this would be the MOMENT to give her some sage advice on her ideas of something not being wonderful if it wasn't perfect or something went wrong. I said that to strive for perfection is a noble thing, but to expect perfection leads to a lot of disappointments. She wants everything to go the way Jessica wants; this led to the discussion of how things may not transpire the way Samantha wants them. For example, the music may not be to her liking but that is not important as it is the music Jess and Matt chose for their reception.
I have caught the respiratory illness that Chad has suffered with for the last week. I guess I need to stop by the urgent care clinic on the way home and hope the physician feels what I have can be treated by a wonder drug which will make me feel better by tomorrow afternoon. I am not hopeful this would be the case, but I am trying to be optimistic. Either way, I will put on a happy face because it is a very important day for one of the most important people in my life. I will post pictures from the wedding soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment