Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kemerovo- day 19

Last night we decided to go and check out the Karaoke Bar a couple of blocks away with our friends. We played billiards and ate dinner in the restaurant next door and then went to the Karaoke bar. Chad enjoyed his dinner (it was kind of a stew), which was nice cause he hasn’t liked much of the food here. I am getting tired of it as all of the food is kind of the same now. I think its just the desire to get back to the familiar. Our friends took us by another mall we had not checked out so we can go there tomorrow. Apparently it was the “Best of Kemerovo” at the karaoke bar last night. We saw about five different performers and decided that the best of Kemerovo was lacking in their singing ability. One of the guys had a really nice voice but the rest of them would not have made the top 24 of American Idol. We were treated somewhat as celebrities as we were given a really nice table and the DJ came over and introduced himself and took our drink orders in English. After the competition ended anyone could sing karaoke so Chad decided I should sing. I really didn’t want to since the running joke here is that the boys tell me “nyet” (no) every time I try to sing to them. Well, I decided I would show him and do it. So, I did even though my singing was AWFUL. Even with Gwen Stefani backing me up to “Just a Girl” it was pretty bad. Chad was surprised I did it, which was the whole purpose of me making a fool of myself. W got home a little before midnight so this morning we kind of relaxed. At noon we got ready and headed out to the market. We stopped at a beauty supply store as I really need to color my hair. I found the same brand as I use at home but not exactly the same shade. We will see how it turns out! We got our supplies and groceries for the next two days with the boys as we didn’t have to walk the several blocks to the big market with the boys since we aren’t sure how things will go. One more day!

No comments:

Post a Comment