Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Kemerovo- day 22

We arrived in Moscow today after our four hour flight from Kemerovo. Ruslan was a scared little guy for the first thirty minutes but then did pretty well. Pasha was his typical self talking about anything and everything to anyone who would listen. I am glad we are here but already dreading the ten hour flight home. Vladimir picked us up at the airport and took us to meet the coordinator Katya. After no sleep and the flight, I was expected to fill out about six multiple page forms. The boys, Chad, and I were starving by this point but it must be done so we can get our appointment at the Embassy Friday. After I began I quickly realized I would have to fill out two sets of these forms for two boys. During this process Chad is trying to wrangle the boys in the living room of the other families apartment. Their little guy was in his playpen throwing his toys out while Chad tried to keep the boys from playing with his toys. After I finished the paperwork we climbed back into the van again to try and find an ATM to get rubles and stop by the market. Vladimir was wonderful as he took me into the market and told me what items his wife buys. Then, another trip back into the van. As we got further out of the city I asked about our apartment we are renting from him. It turns out that the hot water is off in the building for repair so we are staying in his own family's apartment as they are at their summer cottage outside the city. When we walked into his apartment the first thing I noticed were all the breakable items on shelves. I asked if I could move them to higher shelves because these boys are into everything; they have never seen what a home looks like. I hate having to say "nyet" (no) all the time but since I don't know enough Russian to parent how I usually do it makes for a tough situation. Since we are here at Vladimir's home we do not have wifi; thus I will be unable to post any pictures for a while.
Tomorrow morning will be another early one as the US Embassy pediatrician will be here at 4:30am. What? I have to get these kids up before 5am two days in a row when their normal wake up time is 8am? They were awesome about it this morning but we will see what tomorrow brings. Chad and I really want to come home now. We miss the girls terribly and all of the comforts of home. I can barely keep my pants up and may have to buy a belt before this is over. I will try to continue to post daily. Hope to see you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment