Monday, May 2, 2011

Kemerovo day six

This will be a "cliff notes version" post as I think I have been awake for over 24 hours but with the time changes I really don't know what end is up. Yesterday we left Moscow at 10:30 headed to Kemerovo. After a little over four hours, we arrived in Kemerovo at 5:30am (they are three hours ahead of Moscow). After a slight mishap with our stroller (we eventually retrieved it) we were picked up by our court coordinator and driver. She then took us to the Hotel Azot and got us checked in. She filled us in on what the protocol of the court proceedings would be and gave us typical questions the judge may ask. As we had been told, Chad will have to answer the majority of the judge's questions (whom is a woman), but you can bet I will get my two cents in as well! Chad is a bit nervous about being able to pronounce all of the different medical terminology but the translator will help him out. I have asked him kindly to please refrain from dropping any curse words as the judge may know more English than we think! (Let me clarify, Chad does not routinely curse but if he gets frustrated he has been known to let a few of them fly.) We were sad to leave our wonderful apartment in Moscow but ready for the next step. Our room here at the hotel is okay; I cannot imagine staying here for over ten days though! I hope the weather will be nice so that we may go for walks and explore the city.
Okay, so back to my timeline... we ate breakfast about 7:30 and then headed to the orphanage which is almost a three hour drive. We were exhausted but a little wound up so couldn't nap. We were happy to see children playing outside when we arrived at the orphanage; of course they were all bundled up even though the temperature didn't require much more than a spring jacket. As we climbed out of the van we heard a voice yell, "Papa!"; we turned to see it was Pasha and he had remembered Chad! He ran up to us and then kinda just stood there not sure what to do. I hugged him and he proudly showed us the Iron Man sticker his friend had given him. There is more to say of our visit but I can barely type so I will write again tomorrow and fill you in on our court proceedings. Dobre noche!

3 comments:

  1. WOW tears of joy are running down my face ... SO excited to hear that ... That will be something you always remember about them.. I love you guys and am so happy for ya......

    ReplyDelete
  2. That brings tears to my eyes! And you left us hanging, I want to know the rest of the story! Hope you get some rest!

    ReplyDelete