Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Moscow-day 28

Today is our last day in Moscow as we fly out early tomorrow morning. Chad and I are very ready to go; the boys don't know what to expect so they are none the wiser. Chad and I both have a little anxiety about getting through the airport with them mostly due to concerns with our paperwork. Everything is in order, we have the boys' passports and adoption decrees but there is always that nagging feeling that we won't be allowed to leave the country. I know that hundreds of families leave the SVO airport every month with their newly adopted children so I am sure it will be fine. Chad is worried (although he doesn't say it) about the mechanics of hauling all of the luggage and boys through everything. It won't help that we are going to be leaving in the middle of the night so may have some very cranky little guys. I am hoping once we get checked in and get rid of the luggage they will fall asleep on our laps as we wait to board the plane. They didn't sleep at all during the four hour flight from Kemerovo to Moscow, so we will see. We couldn't get seats all together for either flight so we will split up two and two. Gotta go; thanks again for following our journey... which is to be continued....

2 comments:

  1. Praying for a mostly-good flight for you as you fly home tomorrow! (I could pray for a super great flight, but I'm trying to be realistic) =)

    I've been reading your blog and enjoying following along. I didn't realize it was common for orphanage kids to have such foul language, but I do know that Amanda called me a nasty name (I figured it was but verified the translation with a Russian) when she was having to go to bed against her will early on, so I'm not surprised to hear it, I guess!

    Thanks for blogging! I hope you keep it up when you get home - can't wait to see more pictures!

    Kathy (Omaha, NE - mom to Amanda adopted 2008 and Tessa adopted 2011)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy for you all! Praying for safe travels and sleepy boys. =). Can't wait to see pics!

    ReplyDelete